Our Strategic Plan
The International Organization for Adolescents (IOFA) recently adopted a new 3-year strategic plan. The twofold purpose of the plan is to realize the vision of the organization and to enable successful implementation of its mission.
IOFA will focus on two priority issues with the following goals and desired outcomes:
Priority Issue One: The Trafficking of Children and Adolescents
To prevent adolescent trafficking and respond to youth who are victims, IOFA aims to:
- Educate young people about the risks and realities of trafficking
- Build strong protective factors within communities and with local partners
- Educate and prepare all key stakeholders in the prevention, identification,
and response to trafficking of youth
IOFA pursues the following outcomes:
- Youth are well protected from trafficking risks and exploitation
- Youth are knowledgeable about trafficking and are actively engaged in their own protection
- Local stakeholders are actively engaged in building and implementing efforts for protection
of vulnerable youth
Priority Issue Two: Orphaned Youth Transitioning to Adulthood
To support orphaned youth transitioning to adulthood, IOFA aims to:
- Provide critical resources and support for young people during the transition
- Train direct service providers and agencies working with orphaned youth
- Establish curriculum, training, and other skill-building activities for organizations working with
- Reduce the stigma associated with and discrimination toward orphaned youth on both global and
- Promote family integrity when at all possible
IOFA achieves the following outcomes:
- Orphaned youth are prepared to transition to adulthood and to achieve some level of independence within their communities
- Local partners feel prepared and equipped to help their clients leave care in a safe and appropriate manner
- Orphaned youth are at decreased risk for human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- Key stakeholders understand the risks involved with the transition to adulthood for this population and are actively involved with providing support
Please revisit this page for updates on outcomes and impact of our strategic plan.
LATEST NEWS REPORTS
IOFA Releases Building Child Welfare Response to Child Trafficking HandbookIOFA Releases Building Child Welfare Response to Child Trafficking HandbookRead More...
IOFA’s Executive Director and Co-Founder/President Contribute to the State of the World’s Children Report 2011IOFA’s Executive Director and Co-Founder/President Contribute to the State of the World’s ChildrenRead More...