IOFA identifies the world’s most vulnerable youth and responds holistically to issues affecting this population. Our programs target at-risk young people along the continuum of human trafficking, from prevention to response. To learn more about why we focus on vulnerable adolescents, please click here.
As a small organization, we ensure that our work has a wide impact. We design flexible programs that respond strategically to the needs of youth. While IOFA’s research highlights a wide range of issues faced by adolescents around the world, we make effective use of our resources by targeting specific, highly vulnerable groups in our programs.
IOFA programs and projects are designed to effectively incorporate the following critical activities:
- Organizing community responses – IOFA builds the capacity of local organizations to respond to issues that contribute to youth vulnerability. We foster the use of local knowledge, resources, and expertise to ensure that programs serving vulnerable youth are sustainable on a community level.
- Preventing harm – IOFA strongly believes in the power of prevention. It is imperative that we empower vulnerable youth before they become victims of trafficking and exploitation. This is one of the most effective means of solving this growing global problem.
- Creating possibilities – IOFA empowers young people and reduces vulnerability to exploitation by creating new opportunities for securing housing and employment and building social and community networks.
- Protecting rights – IOFA’s programs protect and respect the human rights and dignity of vulnerable youth.
- Innovatively approaching ongoing problems – IOFA develops creative projects and programs based on thorough, peer-led research assessments.
- Training – IOFA provides training and consultancies to other agencies and organizations interested in developing strategies and programs that serve at-risk youth.
LATEST NEWS REPORTS
IOFA Releases Building Child Welfare Response to Child Trafficking HandbookIOFA Releases Building Child Welfare Response to Child Trafficking HandbookRead More...
IOFA’s Executive Director and Co-Founder/President Contribute to the State of the World’s Children Report 2011IOFA’s Executive Director and Co-Founder/President Contribute to the State of the World’s ChildrenRead More...